Re: Tesla Diodes home made?

Original poster: "Alexander Rice by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <alex-at-rices.myip-dot-org>

All
	I think that whilst this would work in
principle there would be a few problems, at TC
frequencies the capacitance of such a device
may well mean that significant AC power was
transferred across the gap, also at such a
high voltage the device would have to be
physically large - i presume that the gap
between the needle point and the inside of the
sphere would need to be a significant
proportion of the maximium arc length. Maybee
several much smaller devices in series would
be good.

Why you would want DC at these kinds of
voltages is beyond me - a lin ac maybee but
even so, surely a Van de Graff generator would
be easier!

just my ha'penny (2c)

alex