Re: Great news

Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi Dan,

.005uF (or 5nF) is the resonant cap size for
15kv/30ma/60Hz. Resonant operation isn't mandatory,
and good performance is possible with caps smaller or
larger than 5nF. Still, it's a good ballpark to aim
for. If you are poor or in a hurry, a sixpack of
saltwater caps made from 12oz beer bottles will get
you sparking right away. If you are not in a hurry and
have some coin, a polypropylene multi-mini cap is
"state of the art".

Regards,

Greg
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/greg