The "subject"

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Kchdlh-at-aol-dot-com>

Does anyone else have this problem?:

The "More on spark delay" "thread" has become extensive.  AOL, which I use &
don't like a whole lot, lists all those messages in the "Incoming Mail" folder,
identifying each one only with that subject-entry and the date of the email.
Thus, when I want to refer to one or another of those saved messages for reply
or other consideration, there is no useful indication as to which one is
which.  I have to click on one after another and examine the text.  (Juno is
better in that as soon as the highlight lands on a message, the text appears
below;  I ought to switch back!)

If a lot of others on the List have a similar problem, I wonder if it would not
be a good thing for us to try to modify the Subject a bit each time we continue
it, perhaps adding our name or something else to differentiate the message from
all the others?

Or, Terry-- Could you automate such a feature?  Just add a cumulating number to
messages having identical Subjects.  That might help a lot.*

Ken Herrick

*"I" don't have a way to do thus but I'll forward this to Chip to see if there
is a chance it could be done there. - T.