Re: Tesla Diodes home made?

Matt:  At low voltage the copper oxide (burnt penny) diode works. At high
voltage the point / cup rectifier works well. I use sharpened tungsten
welding rods , sharpened with a long taper like a needle, and a 1/2 weather
sphere or 1/2 toilet bowl float for the cup. Remove all sharp edges and
round the outer edge of the cup with a round rod like a screw driver shank.
    Robert  H