RE: Anyone Planning A SoCal Teslathon?

Original poster: "Jeff W. Parisse by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jparisse-at-teslacoil-dot-com>

Jim (et. Al.),

> What about the possibility of finding a place and renting a
> generator? (to separate the power and location issues?)

Out test facility at Southwest Marine (Terminal Island) would be perfect
but expensive. I'm guessing I'd be charged in the $1,000 to $2,000
dollar
range (this may seem expensive to some but it's REALLY cheap...) This is
a huge ship repair facility at the Port of Long Beach and they rent to
film companies who wish to use the grounds as a film set (we use the
room
that served as the "chop shop" in "Gone in Sixty Seconds").

Indoors we could set up all coils including the Model 10J. Outdoors we
might be able to set up the Model 13M IF Bill were willing and the
budget snowball were to be covered somehow (big if). Power and ground
are non issues as are weather or neighbors. We love the place and have
rented it for demos, construction/testing and rehearsals.

Someone besides me would need to spearhead an advance sales campaign
to cover location cost. kVA Effects would rent the place (on our
insurance) and provide all logistical and technical support. Media
coverage would be a certainty.

This means that the Teslathon would not be a free event but it
means that is would have high production value (i.e big, fun bash).

Jeff

Jeff W. Parisse, Director
www.teslacoil-dot-com