Re: srsg confimation of findings

Original poster: "Ben McMillen by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <spoonman534-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi colin (Terry),
  I just finished building an SRSG, and mine starts to
'hunt' at about 75-80 votls.. (that's what the variac
says.. I haven't measured it yet).. I have a few questions
though.. My rotor is mounted with a small aluminum hub,
which is slightly bent.. I'm guessing that the motor was
dropped on the shaft end and that's what bent the hub..
when I run the motor, the rotor wobbles a little and sends
the whoe thing dancing across the table.. I've already
checked for balance, and that appears to be ok.. will this
be a problem as far as jitter and gap spacing goes? Is
there any way to correct this without access to a lathe?
Also, I was gonna build a phase shifter for it with a
variac, but the motor has a run cap already on it.. Are
there any design constraints that I have to watch out for
with this kind of motor? Thanks for any help..

Coiling In Pittsburgh
Ben McMillen