Re: More on spark delay

In a message dated 4/24/02 2:16:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> This seems to tell me that most of the input energy is going into EM
> radiation
> with not much of it actually going into the spark itself.  Once the Q fizzles
> out, it seems there's not as much energy transfer.

Ken,

When the spark breaks out, the primary sees a higher impedance,
so the energy transfer may suffer, due to an impedance mismatch
between the driver and the resonator.  I wouldn't think there'd be
all that much radiation though.  I would think a lot of energy would
be burned up in the very thick bright sparks?

Cheers,
John