Re: used Maxwell Caps, MMC, new pulse

Original poster: "BunnyKiller by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bigfoo39-at-telocity-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Crow Leader by way of Terry Fritz
> <mailto:twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net><twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
> <mailto:tesla-at-lists.symmetric-dot-net><tesla-at-lists.symmetric-dot-net>
>
> you might want to check if oil is compatible in any way with the isopropryl
> biphenyl that is in maxwell caps.
>
> KEN

Hi Bill...

I had recieved a couple of Maxwells via UPS  ( OOOOPS) and both of them were
cracked in the shipping process. There are normally 2 plastic screws on  top of
the cap for filling/vent purposes be careful when unscrewing them they have a
tendency to break.

 I had replaced the missing oil with Mineral oil and havent had any probles so
far ( after 75 + hours run time) .

As far as sealing the cracks....   Epoxy wont work .... If there is a crack and
no major parts missing, heat up an old table knife in a gas stove flame and
"reweld" the plastic by working the surrounding material back over the crack.
It is a slow process, but it worked for me.... BTW  dont breathe the fumes
emmitted by the melting plastic... I believe the plastic is a type of acetyl
material ( has that formaldehyde smell to it when melted) .

Scot D