Re: cap question

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Kidd6488-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 4/22/02 1:46:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Hey all,
>
> I came across a capacitor and I have no idea if it will be good to use in a
> tesla coil.
> I have no way of getting info on this cap and I have only one.
> The label is as follows:
>
> SPRAGUE
> POWERLYTIC
> 36D123G040BC2A
> EP40-123
> 12000-40DC
> 74  47 L
>
> If anybody can get any info about this cap it would be great. Once again I
> only
> have one so I will need to know where to get more if they are suitable for a
> TC.
>
> Thanks,
> Lance

I really don't know much about this cap, but its title is "POWERLYTIC", making
me think that it is probably electrolytic, not made for AC...

Jonathon Reinhart
hot-streamer-dot-com/jonathon