Re: trioid (spelling?)

ADAM: The easiest way to wind is the crudest. cut your length of PVC pipe. I
like about 30 inch. Cut a 2x4 1/4 inch longer. cut 2 pieces of 2x4 about 10
in long. nail the pieces on the end of the long piece to form a fat U. Drive
a #16 nail 1 inch from the top of each  side of the U so the nail just shows
the point pointed in. Then cut two piecec of 2X4 to just fit in the ends of
of the coil form ends with a tight fit. drill a 1/8 in hole in the center of
the 2x4 end blocks length wise with the coil form. Mount the coil form in
the U by driving the #16 nails into the 1/8 holes enough to hold it like a
roller. clamp it all to a work bench top edge with the coil form up in a
horizontal position like a roller. If you are right handed srart on the left
end. poke about 2 ft of wire into the end of the coil form and tape it to
the end with about 1 in of tape. You will nead about 12 pieces of tape to
finish. Place your wire role on the floor end up directly below your
secondary so the wire will pull off the end. With your left hand roll the
secondary so the wire comes over the top of the coil form away from you.
Feed the wire under the edge of your finger nail of your right hand with
your finger riding on the wire coil to keep it tight. as you wind put a tab
of tape every 2 inch or so to hold the coil tight as you wind. From time to
time you slip. The tape is to catch the wire so it dosent unwind all the way
back. When you finish winding put a spot of 5-min epoxi on the wire ends of
the wire to hold it all tight and when hard remove all the tape. Pull off
the wood U and end blocks. Now you are ready to coat your coil. This takes
about 1 hour to finish the winding. Other people use fancy winders, but this
is to quick and east to bother.
  Robert  H