Re: Flyback questions

Original poster: "Mark W. Stolz by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mark_w_stolz-at-hotmail-dot-com>

>Original poster: "Jan Florian Wagner by way of Terry Fritz
><twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jwagner-at-cc.hut.fi>

<snip>

> > And this is a basic question I shouldn't have to ask, but if I am
>getting AC,
> > my meter should read 1/2 of the true voltage or less on the DC settings,
>no?
>
>Probably depends on the sampling freq of the DMM. And it won't be 1/2
</snip>

Jan,

I don't recall him saying it was a DMM.  He might be using a good old
fashioned analog like some of us use. :-)  If you look at DC on an AC scale
you get roughly twice the voltage.  If you look at AC on a DC scale you get
nothing.

Mark Stolz
Houston, TX