Re: Primary Tap Question.

Original poster: "Peter Lawrence by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Peter.Lawrence-at-Sun-dot-com>

I was not going to admit I used alligator clips, but since JF does...

I finess my clips by grinding out a hole where the clip teeth are that
just about matches my primary wire (#10 or #12 awg typically). very clean,
never falls off.

-Peter Lawrence.

ps, funny story: I used to use some pre-made alligator clip test leads, but
one day noticed one of the plastic covers was "glowing". Turns out that the
crimped connection was poor and there was an arc going on at high power.
Since then I have hand soldered every one of my alligator clips, no more
crimped connectors for HV/HP.