Re: using multiple nst's

Original poster: "BunnyKiller by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bigfoo39-at-telocity-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

>Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<MrViper82-at-aol-dot-com>

>Hey everyone,
>
>If I was going to use multiple nst's in a tesla coil, do they all need to be
>exactly identicle(same voltage, amperege, and brand).  What about wiring
>them.  Primary's in parallel, correct?  Secondary's in serie or parallel? How
>does this affect the combined voltage and amperage?
>
>Any responses will be greatly appreciated!
>
>Lance

Hi Lance...

I run a multiple set of NSTs on my small coil ( 4 -at- 12KV -at- 60mA ) the
primaries are all wired in paralell and the secondaries are all wired in
paralell for 12KV -at- 240mA approx.

if one would wire the secondaries in series, the chance of overvolting
the secondary side will be definate. as far as different voltages ...
 not a good idea, but it has been done with "some" success. ( 2 NSTs in
series may handle the voltage... rare, but possible ...  3 NSTs in
series secondary side... doubt it will hold together (( were talking
triple the voltage beyond the design))

it is better if you have all the NST's at an equal value

Scot D