Jacketed Coil

Original poster: "David Thomson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dave-at-volantis-dot-org>

Has anybody here built a jacketed coil before?  I'm just finishing a 3.5"
diameter, 48.125" tall solenoid coil wound with 21 gage wire at about 97%.
The windings were coated with five layers of polyurethane and allowed to
cure.  Today the outer jacket was assembled and filled with oil.  The outer
jacket is a 4.5" OD PVC pipe sealed at the top and bottom.  The oil is
transformer oil I purchased from a dealer on eBay last year.  I'm hoping the
coil will be completely free of corona discharge.  Any other experiences
with this type of coil would be of interest to me.

I plan to fire it up with the 25.25" flat spiral secondary on Thursday after
all the glues, epoxies and polymers have a chance to cure.

Dave T.