Re: Possibly dangerous auction

These are probably short design life caps designed for use in disposable
cameras.  The voltage and size is in the right ballpark.  As to the "deal"
of $10 for 100 of them.. Disposable cameras are a price sensitive
application with very limited life (you're going to charge the cap and
discharge it maybe 20-30 times...)  Not much design margin in these things.

That said, I have seen people mass a 100 of these things together... a
kilojoule is impressive no matter how you go about it, although it might
not be low enough ESL and ESR to do things like exploding wires (flash
durations, which is basically a short circuit, are in the several
millisecond area).