Re: Changing Cycles 'till it Hertz

> I wasn't intending to impune anyone's honor, just pointing out the
> problems when one mixes the systems of units AND DOESN'T REALIZE IT!!!

No offense taken.. just that you hear a lot about the unit mixup (I didn't
believe it when I heard it).. and it IS instructive...  (there's probably an
official "lessons learned" in the database now, along with real useful stuff
like "make sure that you don't use 10-32 nuts on a 10-24 bolt"...)

> way, assume your reference to navigators means guys controlling space
> craft,

yep...   Oddly, I don't know what unit system/coordinate frame the deep
space nav guys actually use.. some sort of heliocentric inertial probably.
For earth orbit, it's earth centered inertial, in meters (x,y,z)...

> involved with the NASA Deep Space Network way back when I've always been
> fascinated with what can be done using only range/doppler information.

Necessity, mothers, invention, etc...

> This is far off the TC subject so Terry will probably kill it, but
> wanted to make it clear that no finger pointing was involved...

none assumed..