Re: First lights with MMC successfull, but NST is a one-legger now

Original poster: "Andy Cobaugh by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <kb3ewy-at-rcn-dot-com>

I'm pretty sure opening the spark gap caused the failure.  The MMC is rated
at 30KVDC so i'm sure it survived.  I'm working on a new static gap (smaller
spacing) to try out with my 15/30.  It always helps to have a spare
transformer.  I didn't even bother to check the transformer.  Right now, I
am about 1/3 done unpotting the transformer using a screw driver to chip
away at the asphalt (haven't damaged anything yet).
Andy, KB3EWY
http://users.rcn-dot-com/tcobaugh/andy/tesla.htm