Re: Changing Cycles 'till it Hertz

1 Newton is, it happens, about the force exerted by an apple due to
gravity..

Another oddity is the common usage in meteorological circles of the
hectoPascal... why?  because atmospheric pressure is around 1000 hPa (or,
another way, the hectoPascal is about the same as the millibar)...  and a
500 hPa chart is about the same as a 500 mb chart..