Re: Piezo HV Power Supply

Original poster: "marc metlicka by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

<Fucian-at-aol-dot-com>

> In a message dated 4/12/02 2:47:34 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> writes:
>
> << I used a piezo unit to build a single shot triggered spark gap for use
>  in pulse discharge use. They work really well for this, isolating the
>  operator from the hv arc. never considered a continuos psu from them?
>  Take care,
>  Marc M.
>   >>
> Hi, could you tell me more how yo udid this?Woul dit work for like a
> capacitor discharge device? 450volts -at- 7000uF Electrolytic.~700J
> ,
> Matt

Matt,
 I'll get a couple pics of the setup on my site tonight:
http://www.fortunecity-dot-com/meltingpot/syria/1210/index.htm
It worked very well discharging a bank of six 2500uf-at-600v electrolytic
that i charged to 550v. I built it as a trial idea for my quarter
crusher i'm hoping to build when the new lab is done.
I was worried about anything traveling back up the trigger electrode
lead to the lighter spark unit, but it didn't, nice little units in them
there butane lighters.
Check my site after 9:00pm, i should have something there.
Take care,
Marc M.