Re: Better Spark Gaps

Original poster: "Sean Taylor by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <taylorss-at-rose-hulman.edu>

I'm also working on a new gap, kind of circuit intense, but seems like
it would work fairly well, at least on paper.  As soon as I have a
chance to try it out, I'll post the results on a webpage.  Gary - When
do you think that you'll have your design up?  I'm just curious as to
what others are doing.  Can you briefly explain how your gap is going
to work?

I was kinda thinking along the lines of a triggerd gap, but with a
magnetic quenching a little later to allow for ringdown and a little
closer spacing.  I was thinking about doing this in a vacuum, with
several gaps in parallel, and a large plate area for more current,
esp. needed in a vacuum.  Don't know how well the vacuum thing would
work though, just annoying to contruct, seal, etc.

Sean

> Original poster: "Gary Hill by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <garyhill2-at-earthlink-dot-net>