Re: Effect of UV on topload

UV is certainly going to knock some electrons off from photoelectric
effect.  Off hand, though, I wouldn't think that the effect is very big for
aluminum, etc.  (now, if your topload were plated with potassium or
something like that...) The other thing is that the electron knocked off
would almost instantly hit an "air" molecule and head right on back to the
topload.

Of course, there must be some electrons that stay out long enough...
otherwise you wouldn't get any sparks...

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Paul Nicholson by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <paul-at-abelian.demon.co.uk>