Re: Secondary Q variation experiment is going!!

Hi Jim,

At 07:41 PM 4/9/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>Way cool... Now what you need is a humidity sensor in your test facility...
>The Radio Shack weather station is a bit pricey.. However, there are some
>humidity sensors by themselves that might be amenable to DMM interface...
>Or, a fan, and a wet bulb/dry bulb setup with a water supply.....

I looked at the RS thing but I figured that the CSU weather station (like
200 yards) away was good enough.  It seems initially that the asphalt
single roof being so close is a "problem" but I don't want to go messing
with things yet too fast till all the data is in.  All kinds of cool tests
are waiting...  "Tera" has steel siding too which is probably far too
close...  I was scrambling just to get the darn thing initially working so
I gave no thought to position...  I should go knocking at the door of the
station and hope they show me around.  I have to overcome my natural
shyness and check for a shotgun over the door prepped for Tesla coil
loonies ;o))

>What's the form for the secondary? Sonotube? PVC pipe?  Is there some way to
>measure the actual temperature of the secondary (to see if it is below
>dewpoint?).. (Perhaps resistance of the windings?)

It is plain o'l Sonotube.  On extra foot bit of the original tube is seen
at the far right with my old coil winder:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/Paul/4-08/P4080009.jpg

CSU has dew point and all that seems to correspond well to the dew on my
car in the morning.  I am a bit worried that the 110+ year old weather
station still has some 110+ year old equipment :-))  {an "undergrade"
station as opposed to the higher-tech Christman Field site 3 miles out:

http://ccc.atmos.colostate.edu/cgi-bin/fcc_form.pl

They seem to have far better rainfall data...

>The resistance of the secondary will change significantly with temperature..
>does that correlate with observed Q at all?

Hey!!...  I just try to collect the data, interpretation is up to the
reader :o)))

Cheers,

	Terry