Re: hand crank coil for demos

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Robynsaddiction-at-aol-dot-com>

Hello Jim,

I have seen one of these telephone crank generators. My friend Chuck Cook has
one. One day he showed it to me, and I attempted to slowly turn the crank
with my hand on the electrodes. Man oh man was that foolish, because that
sucker gave me quite a wallop! Anyhow, we measured the voltage while turning
as fast as we could, and we got the thing up to 500 VDC. That's I know about
them.

                                                 Good Luck, Richard Harris