hand crank coil for demos

Does anybody have any information on the voltage/current/frequency output
from the usual "field telephone" hand crank generators?  It strikes me that
a cool demo for the kids would be to have a hand crank (or bicycle rig)
that hooks up to a HV display (a TC).. the faster you crank, the bigger the
sparks...  Sure, you could just hook up an auto alternator, an inverter,
and feed a NST, etc... but, that's a bit complex...

This is a great motivator when demoing for a group.  When I built plastic
bottle rockets (water and air propellant) for the kids, the hand bike tire
pump was a big hit... The more you pump, the higher the rocket goes...
(after a while, we fell back on the 2HP compressor, but...)