Re: Drying tranny oil

Any salt like calcium, potassium, sodium chloride will cause a problem. It
will lower the break down voltage of the oil. One poster suggested sodium,
NO what was used was sodium amalgum (mercury) not sodium metal. This is made
by the electrolisis of salt water and mercury. Lime dose not have all the
problems that other methods have and will not distroy your oil. BUT it is
slow.
  Robert  H

> From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
> Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2002 17:37:35 -0600
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Re: Drying tranny oil

> <HomerLea-at-aol-dot-com>
>
> "ice melt" may be calcium chloride. The practical way to dry the oil is to
> pull
> a vacuum on it or use molecular sieve.
> Jim Heagy
>

>> Subj:RE: Drying tranny oil
>> Date:4/6/02 3:46:04 PM Pacific Standard Time
>> From:<mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>> To:<mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>> Sent from the Internet
>>

>> Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz
>> <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>
>>
>> Hi Marc
>>
>> I was wondering myself. Rock salt is sodium chloride which might pass the
>> filtering and cause corrosion. Also I don't see rock salt as a hygroscopic.
>> I think there is no way out for Ben, except to take his 110 gallons to the
>> professionals. They use a system of filters which purify the oil in a
>> matters of minutes. The big unknown is the cost. Also they might be
>> suspicious of the oil and require a PCBs test (more cost).
>>
>> Godfrey Loudner

msnip...