RE: NSTs/MMCs

Original poster: "Pete Komen by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <pkomen-at-zianet-dot-com>

Hi Michael,

Let's see:  4 * 15KV * 30ma = 1800VA
                2 * 12KV * 60ma = 1420VA  but you could add the 12/30 for
1780VA

Maximum power would be the 4 - 15/30 NSTs.

I think that the 2 - 2KV caps are useless here.  Some of the other more
experienced people on the list might have more to say, but I would almost
bet that these caps are designed as DC filter caps and if so, they would not
hold up to TC use.  With only two, they are way under voltage for what you
are running.  You could add more beer bottles until the MMC can be built.
Look at the Geek group caps.

Regards,

Pete Komen
Original poster: "Michael by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<mdeegan10-at-attbi-dot-com>

Me and my friend recently acquired some new NSTs for use in our 6" coil. Up
till now we've been using a single 12/30 for operation with a 6 beer bottle
SWC. We are not sure what setup will benefit our coil the most. Available
are:
4 15/30 NSTs
1 12/60
1 12/30
I also had the the opportunity to get a pair of GE 0.5uF capacitors rated at
2KV off ebay, which should arrive shortly. What setup will work best with
our
coil?
6" secondary
15 turns 1/4" primary
8 gap RQ style static gap
 6Saltwater caps (soon to be a pair of 0.5uF caps)

P.S. we are also looking at possibly going with the MMC route this summer,
does
anyone have some suggestions for this?

Thanks,
Michael