Re: Condenser Products says...

In a message dated 4/5/02 11:23:21 AM Eastern Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

Jim,

He is probably not familiar with LTR NST operation which permits
a sync rotary to run at a low 120 bps, with excellent results.

The reasons rotaries are feared for NST use, is because often
a matched or resonant sized cap is used, along an async rotary
which can often skip firings, and let the NST voltage spike too
high.  With a resonant sized cap and a wide static gap, you
may not destroy the cap, but the NST may easily be destroyed
instead.

Static gap operation can also result in a high breakrate, but
normally no problems occur due to the narrow gap spacing,
and associated low voltage.

In any case it sound like you have a good cap !

Cheers,
John