Re: Gets all "wimpy" seeks help still

>A change after running for a few seconds sounds like some sort of thermal
>effect.  I noticed that a gentle breeze from a "muffin" fan on a static
>spark gap is all it took to greatly improve performance.

    Pardon if this has been mentioned, puter problems this end:
     How is the topload (if any) wired to the top of the secondary?

    Specifically, it is widely reported that if the wire runs inside the
coiled form,
    an accumulation of weakly ionized gas inside can lead to high
'corona (like?)'
    losses.

    I have seen this exact effect: as the ionized gas builds up, leakage
goes
    down the core, either as discharges/sparks or as ongoing leakage....

    best
     dwp