Re: interesting idea from another list

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Kchdlh-at-aol-dot-com>

Interesting, indeed.  But, a few questions:

1.  Which "tube", if any, is to be connected electrically to the secondary?

2.  What would be the height of the tube assembly?

3.  What kind of an electrical component is the assembly supposed to
constitute?  Perhaps a big multi-plate capacitor--in which case, I suppose, the
inner tube is the one that would be connected to the secondary.

4.  But if it's such a capacitor, it's in series with the capacitance to
ground--which is not very many pF.  So would it accumulate much of a charge?

5.  Generally, then, what's the theory behind the idea, I wonder?  Not that I'm
skeptical: it must have done something for someone!

Ken Herrick