Re: Theoretically, Cltr/Cres = pi/2

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Parpp807-at-aol-dot-com>

Terry and all,

That's a giant leap because I am just now matching wits with my first SRSG and
John's phase controller. I have been unable to relate the bps power for the
static gap
and the SRSG as it is left obscure (fuzzy) in the chart.

It's unlikely that others will be confused over the following point but the
concept of
the LTR cap has confused me for some time, so I offer the following as
another entry in the stupid Q contest:

>From the schematic for the NST charging system from which the chart is
derived,

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Misc/NSTStudy/NSTStudy.htm

Ls for a 15/60 NST is a gigantic 3512 Henries. Using that value and the line
freq
of 60 Hz, the cap that will resonate at 60 Hz is 2 nF (2 EE - 9 F).
Very stupid Q:
Is there any way of relating this value to the chart? Can you derive
Cltr = Cres x 1.57 from the 2 nF value.  I can't.  :-))

Maybe there is a derivation that will finally bring to the list a real
acronym.

Happy Day,
Ralph Zekelman