Re: Theoretically, Cltr/Cres = pi/2

Hi Ralph,

Even though the secondary coil may be 3512 Henry, the current shunts reduce
the coupling and the "effectiveness" of that value.  In the conclusion of
Tero's paper:

http://tesla.tr-labs-dot-com/design/resocap/

Cres = 1 / (4 x pi^2 f^2 x (1-k^2) x L^2)

This compares to the older formula:

Cres = Inst / (Vnst x 2 x pi x Fline)

So where we match the impedance (Vnst/Inst), Tero has gone ahead and found
the relation to L and k and added it in.  I think the key here is that the
'lower primary to secondary coupling lowers the effective inductance of the
secondary' and you need a larger cap (~5X) to match it rather than 2nF.

Cheers,

	Terry