Re: Plate Capacitor question (literally a plate cap)

Original poster: "Andy Cobaugh by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <kb3ewy-at-rcn-dot-com>

Hello Again,
I put this cap together in about half an hour.  I ran it with a 15/30 for
about a minute and it ran fine.  I hooked it up to the coil and it produced
arcs about 10 inches long or so, WITHOUT the toroid which means the
capacitance is quite low.  It only has 6 cells.  Later today I will add a
couple more to it and see what happens.  I used Solo brand party plates,
doubled up between circular sheets of al foil all submerged under mineral
oil in a rubbermade storage container.  It then has a couple blocks of
polystyrene on top and a jug of water sitting on top of that for
compression.

Andy, KB3EWY
http://users.rcn-dot-com/tcobaugh/andy/tesla.htm