Re: The Best Primary Type Was: A few Q's from a beginner

Tesla list wrote (in part):

> Original poster: "torlin by way of Terry Fritz
> <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <torlin-at-ghostmail-dot-net>

> From the few pics I have seen of The Colorado Springs
> Lab, I believe Tesla himself was using a solenoidal
> primary.

	This is a matter where careful examination is in
	order.  My understanding, from other's studies of
	the notes, is that the 'normal' primary was a single
	turn affair, near invisible in the photos, down
	towards the floor.  The 'wire fence' looking
	arrangement visible in some of the photos was the
	secondary, or at least the (principal?) one
	associated with the magnifier experiments.

	As an experimental lab, a variety of arrangements were
	used over the (roughly) year of the lab's operation.

> (I think that is the one where the windings are
> vertical | | instead of conical \  /  or /  \.  However,
> he had quite a bit more power available for his disposal.

> I personally used a solenoidal and an inversed cone \  /
> primary, and just naked eye observations, I thought the
> cone was a bit better where it counted, arc length.

	best
	dwp