RE: Silly question?

Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>

Hi All

Don't forget about Allen's home page located at
http://allencoilpage.home.att-dot-net . Allen has a homebrew transformer section
containing the complete design of a digitally controlled auto winder. The
program that controls the winder can be down loaded. I have over 40 lbs. of
# 30 magnet wire, rolls of artist craft paper, 20 gallons of transformer
oil, hundreds of lbs. of x-ray transformer laminations, and two x-ray
transformer primaries that the lamination fit through perfectly. Dreams
float in my mind of winding a 20 kV tesla transformer supply brute. It took
me a couple of nights to workout the approximate calculations. So what is
the problem? When I think of the amount of work necessary, I just keep on
dreaming.

Godfrey Loudner