Re: Voltagee measurement

Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Try applying mains current to the secondary winding
and reading the voltage on the primary. I expect where
you live the mains is 240VAC/50Hz? Apply that to the
high voltage winding and use an ordinary pocket
voltmeter to read the voltage on the primary winding.
Should only be a few volts AC due to the big
step-down. This will give you the turns ratio which
will give you reasonable guess at the high voltage
output when it's hooked up the other way round.

Greg
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/greg