Re: Need NST

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Robynsaddiction-at-aol-dot-com>

Robert,

      What do you consider a decent price? I have access to a wide variety of
NST's, because I have a close friend who is the Forman of a very large neon
shop. In exchange for a very nice $300.00 table top Tesla Coil, Adam now saves
all of his large NST's back for me. Typically, I can sell 15/30's on Ebay for
$30.00 (Buy It Now Price). However, because they do not come around very often,
I sell the 15/60's for $55.00-$60.00. Yet, 12/60's are much more common, and I
have sold them for $40.00. The rarest transformers I have come across are my
12/120's, but I have those on reserve for a friend (Steph) to buy. I've
accumulated quite a few 6/60's, 9/60's, and even some 7500/60's. Let me know
what you think, and if the price is a bit steep then perhaps I can bend a
little bit. The truth is, I am highly addicted to Tesla Coiling, and other High
Voltage hobbies. Consequently, this habit does not go along well with being a
full time college student,! because most of the time all I have in my pocket is
some lint and my lucky Sprague 20kV/500pF doorknob capacitor (works better than
rabbits feet). Anyhow, the point is, I will do just about anything for money,
so that I can go down to the street corner and buy a fix. That is, maybe some
parts for a SRSG, or a capacitor or two:^) Someone help me; I need rehab.

Dear List: Does anyone know if there is a 1-800-stopHV hot line number that I
can call? I can only hope this was not a gate way hobby, because I don't think
I could handle what comes next. Pulse discharge maybe? It is all down hill from
here.

OOPS! There I go again. I'd better stop with the rambling. Did I really write
this, or am I dreaming? AHH! PS I would trade a PIG for a working SRSG. Until
next time.

                                                            Rick Harris