Re: H-E-L-P!!!

Original poster: "Charles Hobson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <charles.a.hobson-at-btinternet-dot-com>

----- Original Message -----
From: Tesla list <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
To: <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Sent: Sunday, September 23, 2001 5:06 AM
Subject: Re: H-E-L-P!!!

> Original poster: "brian by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<ka1bbg1-at-mcttelecom-dot-com>

> Hi, well if Bert cant get a spark out of your coil your gonna be hosed...
> probably need tuning,i usually use a stick and bring ground to the toroid
so
> i can see if there is any spark. usually you get some spark, then try
moving
> tuning and see if you gain. cul brian f.

Bart's
> > Java script:  45 ohms.
> >
> > I checked various cabling which also appears OK.
> > The new LTR MMC...I checked DC voltage after a short run and it has a
> slight
> > voltage...about.05 and dropping.
> >
> > What now?
> >
> > There is so little in a coil how do I troubleshoot?
snip.

Hi Ted

Run the coil continously for several minutes, shut down, and feel the
capacitor and primary circuit connections  for heat. If the capacitor feels
even slightly warmer than normal, something could be wrong with it. Poor
connections will feel unusually warm
due to I^2R losses.

Chuck