Question about using Mots as a pig ballast

Original poster: "Paul Kidwell by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tmb-at-ieee-dot-org>

Hi Everybody

I have a question that I should know the answer to, but I'm suffering from a
terminal brain fart.

I have several MOTs and I was thinking of building a box to house them. I
was thinking of wiring some of them in series with switches to individually
bypass them. The idea being to obtain selectable currents smaller than a
single MOT.

Figuring I was on a roll, I thought I could also have a couple in parallel
with the above arrangement with switches in series with them so I could also
get a current limit greater than a single MOT.

I hate ASCII art, but I'll give it a try to illustrate:

----+-----MOT--------MOT-----MOT---MOT----+----
    |   |     |    |     |                |
    |   \-SW1-/    \-SW2-/                |
    |                                     |
    +----------------SW3-----MOT---MOT----+
    |                                     |
    +----------------SW4-----MOT---MOT----+
    |                                     |
    +----------------SW5-----MOT---MOT----+

OK, I hope this turns out. The idea is that with SW1 thru SW5 open, you wind
up with 4 MOTs in series.

Closing SW1 gives me 3 MOTs in series.

Closing SW1 & SW2 gives me 2 MOTs in series.

Closing SW1 thru SW3 parallels 2 sets of seriesed MOTs.

Closing SW1 thru SW4 parallels 3 sets of seriesed MOTs.

Closing SW1 thru SW5 parallels 4 sets of seriesed MOTs.

You'll notice that I have a minimum of 2 MOTs in series. That's because the
MOTs I have are from 120V ovens and I'm planning on using this in a 240V
system.

Oh, my question?

Simply stated, Will this work???

Paul