QuickTC Comments: 9/4/01 4:10:28 PM

Original poster: "David Dean by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <deano-at-corridor-dot-net>

Hi Mike,

I like your program. The small file size is nice (I have VB6 so don't need
the bulky runtimes) and the GUI is exellent. The only problem I see so far
is the sec. calc for number of turns and TPI does not seem to respond to the
additional space added input. My 4" coil is wound on a lathe at 40 TPI and
has exactly 800 turns. I also got error messages when I entered the spec.s
for the primary saying not enough turns for the required inductance. Then I
closed the primary calc. form, and after reopening it, everything was fine,
including the tap point within 1/4 turn of where it actually is. I must
admit I did not read the directions, just downloaded the app. and ran it
from inside winzip. (had to open the other two files so the apps. exe could
find them)

I have tried every TC program that has been offered so far, and IMHO, yours
is the hands down winner.

later

deano

PS: am including the specs as tha progran saved them. Found no right click
menu with cut past copy, but ctl-c and ctl-V still work fine on the
textboxes, so that is cool anyway.

-----Secondary Specifications 9/4/01 4:09:32 PM

Coil Diameter    41
Coil Height    201
Height/Width aspect ratio    5.0:1
Coil self capacitance      7.846964 pF
Coil inductance     12.956 mH
Wire AWG - diameter    26AWG   0.0251
Number of turns per  inches    42.01681
Total number of turns    840.3
1/4 Lambda frequency (Hz)    279497.5
Wirelength     879.7672 feet
Total capacitance (pF) for    279497.5 Hz -    25.02719
Top load capacitance required (pF)    17.18022

-----Primary input parameters

Input voltage (kV)    14.4
Input current (mA)    85
Line frequency (Hz)    60
Primary capacitance     16
Primary inductance required     20.26583
PFC Capacitor    268.33

----Primary coil design----9/4/01  4:09:32 PM
All units in inches unless indicated

Primary inductance 49.3151uH
Primary to Secondary spacing 1.5
Coil spacing 0..25
Wire diameter 0.25
Number of turns 12.5
Number of standoffs 4
Hole offset between standoffs 0.0625
Primary coil outside diameter 13
Primary coil inside diameter 7
Coil width   3
Coil length 31.42 feet
Coil height and pri/sec ratio 20. - 0.65:1

Tap point   Turn # - 8  Degrees - 212

----Toroid Calculations----
Toroid OD (mm/inches)   24.02 inches
Ring Diameter (mm/inches)    6.02 inches
Toroid capacitance (pF)    26.5376 pF