Re: New Coil Design

Hi Ben,

You might want to think about a larger coil. Sparklength vs. coil size is
out of proportion. Your
transformer is capable of about 2 to 3 feet of sparklength with your cap
size, but your coil is
only 10" high. Take a look at John Freua's TT-42 coil to get an idea (he
ran this with a 12/30
NST).  http://hometown.aol-dot-com/futuret/page1.html There's a lot of other
good information there as
well you might want to take a look at.

Also, the primary is nearly butted up to the secondary winding. You'll get
arc over and zap the
secondary on power up. Figure on about an inch of space between the two. It
would be a good idea
to hit some of the web sites and take a look at coil sizes who are using
similar power levels and
cap sizes to get a good idea of what to build. Even though the 30awg is
small, you do have it on
hand and should use it.

Take care,
Bart