containing the secondary

Original poster: "Matt Skidmore by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <fox-at-woozle-dot-org>

i was wondering how other coilers keep their secondaries from tipping
over. unless you have a pretty well balenced top load i can see it
toppling over. or on even a somewhat windy day it being blown over.

on my 4" seconardy i cut out a plywood "plug" which was fastened to the
primary apperatus. this worked well, but it doesnt give much option to
elevate the secondary.

lastly, on some of my "junk" small coils, ive had trouble with the primary
arcing to the secondary. grounded and ungrounded secondaries alike. Thus
far, i havent had any trouble with my larger coils, but i fear it might
happen when i put more power into them. what might prevent this? what
designs and precautions should be taken as not to have the bottom windings
of my secondary charred off?

-matt