Re: 2x resonant Cap

In a message dated 10/27/01 11:22:05 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

> Hi all,
>
>  I have a 35nF maxwell coming my way (30KV). My tranny is about 10/70
(neon).
>  The resonant cap for my neon is 17.2nF. I have heard a bunch of stuff about
>  using a 2x resonant cap before - What is it all about??? I am currently
>  running LTR (25nF) on a 200 break rotary, and it seems to work very well.
>  Any advantage with 35nF???
>
>  Thanks,
>  Jason

Jason,

A 2x resonant cap is still an LTR cap.
Most of the LTR ideas are based on 120 bps (100bps) operation.
For 240bps (200 bps), a different sized cap may be optimal.
Richie Burnett has done a lot of work in this area, and has
determined the best cap values for best power factor at
200 bps.  His website has a wealth of info about this.

http://www.richieburnett.co.uk/tesla.shtml

cheers,
John