Re: Digital Camera

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Clearspring1-at-aol-dot-com>

Hi, List...

I have spent a fair bit of time picking out a digital camera for myself, and
the one I am about to buy is the Olympus C2040, a 2MP model, for all the
reasons Ross O. stated in his post, as well as the high marks given in User
Ratings at wwwzdnet-dot-com.  The consensus seems to be that a 2MP model will
yield good 8x10 prints, for those times that I will need prints of that size.
 I do not anticipate needing larger prints just now, so will save the $ that
the higher MP cameras currently cost  -- and put it toward a good digital SLR
when they come down in price.

The C2040 seems to go for about $330 (and up) at online businesses, and is
recommended in the latest Consumer Reports.  A couple sets of NiMh AA cells
and charger, and a 64MB Smart Media card will be good accessories for this
camera.

This the 2 cents from a prospective owner, FWIW.

Regards,

Michael Tandy

> Original poster: "Ross Overstreet by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"