Re: What caused capacitor failure?

Original poster: "Michael Rhodes by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rhodes-at-fnrf.science.cmu.ac.th>

Actually my first post was incomplete, this is the calculations for
resonant cap for 12kV-at-60mA NST

22/10/2544    14:52:13
NST Voltage Rating  12000
Transformer Current Rating  60 mA
Firing Voltage  16970.52
Desired capacitance value 13.2629 nF (Resonant)

Strings   Caps/String   Cap        Voltage      Temp C    V Rating      T
Rating   Life expectancy
2           15          13.3         24,000     3.82         Good
Excellent   45750.85 weeks