Re: Triggered Gap & NST

Hi Bill,

Almost all Triggered gaps are used with NSTs.  With a good protection
filter (or at least properly set safety gaps) there should be no problem.
Many people are using LTR cap sizes too which eliminates high voltage
runaway in the primary circuit.

TSGs are syncronous and the dimmer does vary the phase.  However, with a
protection circuit and the right sized caps, you can play with it all you
want without fear of hurting the NSTs no matter what.

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Misc/NSTFilt.jpg

Cheers,

	Terry

Cheers,