New coiler- but with other experiences in electronics

Original poster: "bdsabds sadgsdgsda by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <fdgahbdfhbfdb-at-juno-dot-com>

Hi, I've got some worries for the 4" coil I am building.  I dropped the
coil on the way to the laquering table, and some of the turns of wire got
bunched up. Is that all right? I have already  started laquering, but I
hope it will not be a problem.
ALso, not that I am, but why can't you wire the coil on a metal form? I
do not see what the problem is.

By the way, the form I am using for the toroid center is an old
(smallish) bike wheel. It holds up much better than pie pans.