Triggered gap tip

Original poster: "J. B. Weazle McCreath by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca>

Terry, Marc, & coilers,

I managed to blow the motor start cap I'd been using in conjunction
with the GM HEIC on my triggered gap.  These caps are built to fail
open circuit, which it did.  As a preventative measure, I put a MOV
across the replacement cap terminals and so far, so good.  Others
running the STSG setup might want to consider doing likewise and
save themselves a blown cap.

73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL

Listening: 147.030+ and 442.075+
E-mail:    weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca