Re: stun gun psu

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Pyrotrons-at-aol-dot-com>

Mark, honestly, it sounds like you fried something ; )

Either that, or you were resonant somewhere with the stun gun's drive
circuitry.........it's possible.......actually it's VERY possible.

To pull 15/20 amps, something on the primary side of things would have had to
fry. That's not likely at all........the tesla coil setup will inject spikes
back into the secondary coil of the pulse transformer and usually fry the
secondary before it will fry anything else.

If the secondary fried, it would just draw a few more amps than it should.
But it's drawing 15 or 20 amps. That's why I think you're resonant with the
drive electronic's frequency.

Just an educated guess, that's all.

Very cool though Marc. I like the way your workbench looks ; )

Justin Hays
KC5PNP
G-3 #1150
Email: pyrotrons-at-aol-dot-com