Re: New member

Well.. acrylic or polycarbonate would be a good way to keep folks from
touching the coil.  However, the voltage on a streamer is more than
sufficient to punch right through, so you would need to make sure that
leaders never hit the plastic.  Providing a ground electrode (or grounded
chicken wire) is a way to do this.  A metallic coating on the plastic or
glass would also work (if you happen to have access to a way to deposit
indium oxide, a transparent conductor, it would be a very slick..)

The other reason to put the TC in a box is noise.  Face it.. TCs with big
sparks waving around are just plain noisy.