Re: New member

Original poster: "Steve Greenfield by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <alienrelics-at-yahoo-dot-com>

> Original poster: "Jason by way of Terry Fritz
> <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jasonp-at-btinternet-dot-com>
>
> Steve,
>
> Welcome to the list!!

Thanks! Glad to be here.

> > My next project is a small Tesla coil, something
> > around a foot or two tall. Like the Jacob's
> Ladder,
> > this is for parties so it will also be behind
> > plexiglass.
>
> Plexiglass = bad idea. Much better is grounded
> chicken wire!!! Acrylic is a
> dielectric and could give you a nasty shock!!!

I was also planning on keeping the power low and the
box big enough to prevent being able to draw an arc by
placing your hand on the plexi. There would be several
objects inside for the spark to jump to, perhaps the
distance partially controllable.

I understand what you are saying, though. Perhaps I'll
put chicken wire (or fine wires) inside the plexi.
Otherwise someone will just stick a finger through the
chicken wire and get a burn anyway.

Steve Greenfield